Stroke is a medical emergency. If you think you are having a stroke or if you spot symptoms in another person, call a doctor. Its straight forward advice, but how can you recognize a stroke? It’s tough the symptoms vary, and much less urgent condition can mimic stroke.
Silent stroke can elude even the best neurologists, but ordinary folks can learn the spot ordinary stroke. Here are some warning signs:
- Sudden, unexplained confusion or loss of consciousness.
- A sudden severe headache.
- Weakness, numbness, or lack of coordination on one side of the body.
- Sudden loss of vision.
- Slurred speech or sudden loss of ability to speak or understand spoken words.
- Severe dizziness and loss of balance or coordination.
It’s a long list but you can use a simple three step test modified from the
prehospital stroke scale to see if a stroke is likewise. Ask the victim to smile to raise both arms and keep them up and to speak a simple sentence clearly. If you detect facial weakness, arm weakness, or impaired speech, you may well be witnessing a stroke. Cincinnati
Get Seo Services: Seo services, link building, On and OFF page optimization.